Front-end Developer (Student Placement)
We're looking for an enthusiastic student developer to join our team for a 12 month placement.
Inktrap is an independent design studio based in London with clients ranging from ambitious startups to multinational businesses. We're currently looking for a motivated student to join our team for a 12 month placement starting in June/July 2019.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative process, supportive environment and practical approach. Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about delivering quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
As a placement student at Inktrap you'll learn about our stack and process by working as part of our development team to build real-world products. Day-to-day you'll be:
- Developing websites and web apps using modern front-end technologies
- Extending existing designs across additional pages and layouts in the browser
- Documenting your work as part of design systems for larger projects
- Working closely with our design team to ensure what we're building is practical and beautiful
What we're looking for
We welcome applications from a diverse range of students from all backgrounds. There isn't a list of required qualifications or skills, but you do need to undertaking a relevant degree at a UK university and looking for a 12 month placement. You'll also need to be eligible to work in the UK and happy to work from our studio in Shoreditch (not remote).
Our ideal placement student is:
- Adaptable and always looking to learn things
- Able to demonstrate foundational HTML/CSS skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic about their work
- Collaborative and friendly, with tons of initiative
- Interested in creativity as well as technology
Working as part of the Inktrap team, you can expect:
- £16-21k, dependent on experience
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Lots of collaboration with like-minded people and clients
- Varied work on a wide range of interesting projects
- Work/life balance – we don't do unpaid overtime!
- Social events and weekly team lunch
- Sparkling new iMac and any other equipment you need
- Posh coffee and fridge full of free drinks and snacks
You can find out more about life at Inktrap at inktrap.co.uk/jobs
Why choose a placement at Inktrap?
At Inktrap we treat placement students like anyone else on the team. You'll have the opportunity to develop your skills by working on real projects for real clients in a supportive and friendly environment.
Here's what our former placement students had to say about their experience:
Rachel worked at Inktrap while on placement in 2017, graduated with a 1st and joined the team on a permanent basis.
"From the very first day I started working with Inktrap I was never treated as anything other than an equal. I was welcomed and straight away given the chance to work on real projects with some amazing clients. The skills I learned at Inktrap were amazing in boosting both my technical ability and my confidence, so much so that those skills influenced the artefact I created for my final year major project. Inktrap is just a lovely place to work, with great people who encourage you and give you the freedom to grow, whilst having fun — it barely feels like a job!"
Matt worked at Inktrap while on placement in 2016/17 and graduated with a 1st.
"Over the countless amazing experiences I had at Inktrap — whether they were in the Piano Works, or a Design Brainstorm — I learned a lot of invaluable skills and lessons.
Patience with the design process, finesse in interface details, and the importance of drawing all the things to name just three. I feel that being part of such a small and fiercely competent company contributed to me being able to achieve a 1st, and being awarded Best UX/UI for my final year project. These are skills I now use every working day, and am building upon at every new stage of my design career."
To apply click the link below and complete our brief application form. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
We like to work with our candidates directly so we're not interested in working with recruiters or outsourcing companies.Apply now