Inktrap is an independent product design and development team based in London, with clients ranging from tech startups to multinational businesses. We thrive on solving complex problems in elegant and practical ways.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative process, supportive environment and practical approach. Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about delivering quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
About the role
We're looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our team and help build products for our clients, using a wide range of different technologies.
Here's some examples of the sort of thing you'd be doing day-to-day:
- Building high quality front-end templates using modern front-end technologies
- Developing smaller features for our existing client products using PHP and Laravel
- Configuring existing software such as Craft CMS and Laravel Nova
- Collaborating with our design team to ensure what we're building is practical and beautiful
- Pairing up with other team members to review and discuss your code
- Participating in internal development team meetings and activities
What we're looking for
We hire people who are considerate, enthusiastic, and really care about having a positive impact on the people who use our products.
For this role we're looking for people who:
- Have practical experience building websites (e.g. past role, placement year, personal projects, or freelance work)
- Communicate clearly and efficiently, both on calls and in writing
- Care about producing work that has a positive impact on users
- Have a good eye for design details
- Show enthusiasm for learning new skills and technologies
This role would be ideal for a recent graduate from a digital design or computer science degree programme, or someone looking to gain more experience building digital products.
We know our team isn't diverse enough at the moment and we're actively trying to change this. No matter who you are, if you're a good fit for the role we want to hear from you.
Team and benefits
Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about creating quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
We're a calm and collaborative company, and we value our team. Our benefits include:
- Varied work on a range of interesting projects and services
- Flat structure with no ego, and lots of autonomy
- 27 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours (most of the team do 9:30am to 6pm)
- No overtime, ever
- Annual budget for conferences, books and other resources to help develop your skills
- Up-to-date Mac with admin rights and any other equipment you need
- £27-34k, dependent on your level in our progression framework
Learn more about what it's like to work at Inktrap at inktrap.co.uk/join
If the role sounds like a good fit for you please click the link below and complete our short application form. We'll be reviewing and responding to applications as they come in.
We'll invite successful applicants to a short call to discuss the role. If you proceed to the next stage we'll schedule a longer call so you can tell us more about your work. There will also be a short technical test to complete.
Important things to note when applying:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- We're currently 100% remote due to COVID-19 but you'd be expected to work at least part of the week from a studio in London in future
- This role will remain open until it has been filled, which means there isn't a particular closing date for applications
To apply, click the link below and complete our brief application form. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
We like to work with our candidates directly so we're not interested in working with recruiters or outsourcing companies.Apply now